About the role
Category Buyer (Outdoor)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Category Buyer and you’ll be a big part of this.
In this role, you will drive performance and ensure the vendors and the team, in collaboration with Category Market teams, perform at their best, to bring the best products, prices and innovation to our customers, as well as delivering the B&Q vendor contributions expectations. You will be accountable for the performance of specific categories and markets.
- Create a vendor level strategy to support the Category Strategy through vendor benchmarking / qualification.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining, and developing Branded Vendor Relationships.
- Negotiate contracts, contributions and cost prices and be accountable for the delivery of B&Q rebates, through (for example): maintaining and creating new contracts; negotiating improved contractual terms.
- Keep up to date with market news (economy, consumer and product trends, competitors, NPD, etc) to understand broader impacts on cost prices.
- Manage the sourcing of non-branded products, including creating product briefs and analysing quotations.
- Ensure effective regular project meetings are completed, co-creating a calendar of critical milestones and support delivery in-line with RACI, enabling cross-functional collaboration.
- Be accountable for the collection, completeness, and quality of data to support product and vendor set-up and maintenance.
Required Skills & Experience
- As this sits within the Outdoor category we are looking for someone with specialist experience, particularly in categories of garden chemicals, fertilisers, enrichment and watering categories.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and product development process
- Prior buying experience, preferably within a garden centre, supermarket or diy retailer.
We are looking for somebody who has/is:
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with strong stakeholder management, who can optimise relationships and their network.
- Analytically minded with sound commercial acumen, financially confident and understands cost drivers
- Organised, calm under pressure and resilient. Able to positively challenge, problem solve and seek continuous improvement.
- A strong leader and team player, able to bring their team along with them to achieve a common goal.
- Experience in vendor management and market and product knowledge.
- Proficient with all Microsoft office packages.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.