About the role
Category Planner - Lighting
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £35,000 per annum
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Category Planner and you’ll be a big part of this.
In this role you'll be responsible for sales and margin across all channels and the day to day delivery of the trading plan within the Lighting Category. You'll use customer insights and analysis to drive business performance and create opportunities for optimisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Category Manager; setting sales, margin and stock budgets to monitor performance and recommend actions to counter any shortfalls.
- Work in partnership with the Supply Chain team to ensure availability across all sales channels and plans are in place to support stock exit maximising sales and margin.
- Conduct regular store and competitor visits to increase understanding of the market and support the creation of the trading plan and inform decisions.
- Accountable for driving profitable sales by managing the range and assortment plan across all sales channels
- Translate customer and market insights into tangible business actions to drive increased sales, margin and market share across all sales channels
Required Skills & Experience
We're looking for an individual with retail trading experience, within home improvement, with experience in implementing category strategies that have delivered sales performance and grown market share. Someone who can communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, able to influence decision making across all levels. Commercially focused with the ability to translate data and insights into key business deliverables. Knowledge of understanding the home improvement market and product seasonality, with the ability to understand and work with complex range architecture.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.