About the role
Product Quality Manager
Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Product Quality Manager in the B&Q Quality Team and you’ll be a big part of this.
The role purpose is to manage Vendor branded and local line Vendors, and product approval, for stores in both the UK and ROI.
Key accountabilities of this role are to:
Be responsible for Vendor Branded product and Vendor approval for local B&Q lines. Working with Kingfisher on locally sourced products and ranges as, and when, required. This role has specific focus on textiles, PPE and chemicals.
- New vendor approval and review of existing vendors as required. Includes Technical Audit and arrangement of the Ethical audit with the Kingfisher Sustainability Team.
- Product Approval – for ranged products and spot buys. Includes liaising with vendors to collect and check regulatory evidence for use in the Required Technical File (RTF).
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Commercial Team and vendors to ensure compliance of product and packaging /artwork.
- Understand product lifecycle including new product development – support commercial teams in understanding specification of product and regulatory requirements. This will include working with current GPS/QB and may require creating new or updating of these documents.
- Support Quality Services team with issue management of current B&Q products.
- Establish good working relationships with all internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Attend and participate in relevant B&Q Commercial team meetings on a regular basis.
- Participate in the Quality Team continuous improvement journey through Team meetings, contributing to processes, joining relevant external committees and undertaking relevant training.
- Support the Head of Quality in delivering on priorities for B&Q.
Required Skills & Experience
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- Degree level attainment.
- Product experience – Retail/Quality
- Knowledge and practical understanding of compliance requirements for product area
- Knowledge of relevant product materials.
- Good understanding of production processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Technical background in categories to be covered.
· Experience of working in a Quality role.
· Regulatory understanding of categories covered and ability to horizon scan in those.
· Understanding of product lifecycle, in particular expertise in product category to support category team in new product development.
· Understanding of both UK and EU regulatory requirements to ensure compliance across the whole B&Q estate.
· Product issue resolution experience.
· Project Management skills to ensure product is qualified in alignment with business needs.
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work with internal and external stakeholders successfully.
· Agile and able to multitask – able to change in response to business needs and take on different, or additional duties, to main job role.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Previous experience of working in multiple retailer environment
· Previous experience in a product technology role
· Understanding of general product safety assessments
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.