About the role
Regulatory & Compliance Manager
Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Regulatory & Compliance Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
The role purpose is to manage Regulatory requirement and Compliance responsibilities for the B&Q Business, including stores in both the UK and ROI. Ensuring that new regulatory requirements in the UK & EU are captured in a timely manner, action plans created with SFX and O&S where required, and implemented on time.
Key accountabilities are to:
- Horizon scanning for future UK and ROI Regulation which may impact B&Q operations.
- Create actions plans to implement new regulations in conjunctions with Group colleagues.
- Manage the implementation of these action plans through to timely conclusion via coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management of Internal/External audits of B&Q Quality Systems.
- Take ownership for completion of any output from internal/external audits to required timelines.
- Own B&Q compliance of UK Regulation on waste management, including but not limited to WEEE/batteries/single use plastic packaging / energy labelling.
- Support Commercial teams and vendors with regulatory compliance of B&Q branded product packaging e.g., CLP, BPR, REACH, SCIP databasing.
- Prepare and sign off quarterly submissions with appropriate Director Of
Required Skills & Experience
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in a science-based subject, preferably chemistry or environmental sciences
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Regulatory or Compliance role.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience of Regulatory and/or Compliance management, ideally in a large retail business.
- Good understanding of Chemical Databasing (SCIP) and Chemicals management (REACH), ideally.
- Data gathering, analysis and communication experience.
- Appreciation of current UK and EU Regulatory framework. E.g., CLP, Biocidal Product Regulation, The Waste Directive.
- Understanding of Retail Waste Stream management: WEEE, batteries, post-consumer plastic.
- Experience of internal/external auditing process, ideally.
- Thorough, process orientated, systematic and logical in thought and communication.
- Confident in presenting challenges; project updates and potential resolutions in a Senior Leadership environment.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.