About the role
Up to £70,000 + Car + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Sustainability Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
The role purpose is to coordinate the implementation of Group sustainability policies in B&Q; implement measures over and above Group sustainability policy, where it has been identified that this is necessary and own the Responsible Business agenda. You will also support the delivery of a communication plan to engage our colleagues, customers, vendors, and Kingfisher. Working cross functionally, you will drive the responsible business agenda across the business.
Key accountabilities of this role are to:
- Drive the Sustainability agenda across the business, ensuring that key policy points and environmental targets are delivered.
- Measure B&Q’s sustainability performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Completion of the Annual Sustainability Report as required by Kingfisher.
- Hold to account the other functions that have sustainability responsibilities, including reporting, wins and any developments.
- Work with Kingfisher Sustainability to develop new policies and manage the delivery of them within B&Q.
- Manage and maintain SCIP database for B&Q stores in Ireland.
- Work with sustainability experts from other retailers, NGOs (non-government organisations) and 3rd party consultancies to identify best practices that B&Q can implement.
- Work with Marketing and Internal Comms teams to deliver a communications plan to our colleagues and customers.
Required Skills & Experience
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications :
- Qualified to degree level in environmental sciences or similar
Required Skills & Experience:
- A passion for sustainability.
- 5 years direct experience within an appropriate field (e.g. environmental sciences).
- Project or programme management experience, with a coordination and stakeholder management background.
- Experience of Responsible Business/Sustainability management, ideally in a large retail business.
- Commercial experience/knowledge beneficial.
- Data gathering, analysis and communication experience.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.