About the role
Full time or available to be a Job Share opportunity (2-3 days a week)
16 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £50,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Accountant and you’ll be a big part of this.
This is a full time contract, Monday - Friday. At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. For this role we are looking for someone to be able to work from our head office 2-3 days a week, with flexibility to scale up when required
The role purpose is working within the Financial Control team to ensure the correct accounting is in place for both Group and Statutory reporting. This involves being the lead on the B&Q UK & Ireland cashflow process involving both the reporting of actuals and forecasts. Furthermore, the role takes ownership of the Sales and COGS reconciliation between Commercial MI and SAP ledgers.
Key accountabilities are:
- Owning and managing the B&Q UK and Ireland end to end cash forecasting process, driving continuous improvement whilst managing key stakeholder relationships inside and outside of Finance.
- Subject matter expert in cashflow forecasting, actualisation and reporting, which includes ownership of the direct versus indirect cashflow reconciliation; ensuring controls are in place to maintain integrity of data; and identification/resolution of any areas of discrepancy or risk.
- Manage the Sales and COGS reconciliation process between Commercial MI and SAP General Ledgers. This involves working with various stakeholders to ensure alignment and a clear view on reconciling items for both actuals and forecast.
- Collaborating with wider finance teams on significant accounting risk areas within the business and using technical expertise to propose approach and solutions.
- Review of balance sheet accounts and sign off in accordance with internal frameworks.
- Preparation and review of the statutory accounts for B&Q entities as required.
- Provide support to our external auditors as required.
Required skills & experience
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant
- Good understanding of financial accounting standards (IFRS) and experience in technical accounting roles / audit.
- Good communication style critical as stakeholders are often remote, meaning that simplicity and clarity are vital, particularly where it relates to the reinforcement of critical processes.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Strong team player.
- Flexible and deadline-orientated, able to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- SAP & HFM experience beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.