About the role
Consumer Credit Assistant
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£23,000 - £26,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Credit Assistant and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
Assists the Credit Trading Manager with the efficient operation of Financial Services propositions (Consumer Credit, Trade Credit & Trade Services) with particular focus on marketing, training, communications and compliance.
- Is the first point of contact for store queries in relation to Financial Services products
- Is responsible for ensuring that the information communicated to stores via internal comms platforms is accurate and correct.
- Assists in the creation of internal reports for distribution to senior leaders.
- Is responsible for conducting regular market and competitor reviews to ensure that the FS propositions are competitive and for making recommendations based on findings and opportunities identified.
- Assists in managing strategic relationships with suppliers to develop products that have a distinct market advantage over competitors.
- Works with relevant internal and external marketing teams to deliver accurate and compliant marketing comms and promotions ensuring that all financial promotions are on brand, engaging and compliant.
- Assists in the creation, development and monitoring of credit training programmes and activities to ensure compliance and that store teams are fully trained and can do their job effectively.
Required skills & experience
- Previous experience of b2c financial services (not necessarily POS credit) either in service support or marketing support role.
- Good at building relationships with colleague and experience of working with outsourced providers & suppliers.
- Good at communicating effectively both orally and in writing, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work remotely and independently with some guidance.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more.
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.