About the role
Finance Manager- Risk & Controls
£50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Finance Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
This role will be instrumental in implementing and embedding the revised internal control framework and associated processes within B&Q, and ongoing management of the programme locally to support the annual attestation requirements.
The role will also have responsibility for the co–ordination of risk management activity within B&Q as the primary point of contact for risk & assurance related matters.
As such the role will be at the heart of business operations, with access to all Directors and their teams to make sure risks are clearly identified, mitigation is appropriately considered, and controls are operating effectively and in a pragmatic and sustainable way.
Required skills & experience
We are looking for a fully Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant, ideally with experience in internal controls / risk management. Knowledge of SOX is beneficial but not essential.
- Communication & Influence - must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to gain the respect and attention of all levels of management.
- Leadership – a high level of initiative, resilience and proactivity is required along with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Teamwork & collaboration – able to build effective relationships with peers outside own team, understand the impact of their own behaviour on others and modify it accordingly to effectively influence.
- Attention to detail / strong analytical skills / ability to rapidly understand business operations and the inherent risks.
- Commercial awareness; understand the impact on business and those of their team.
- Identify opportunities to make controls more effective and enhance Commercial results.
- Ability to communicate difficult messages in a balanced way and work with all levels within the Kingfisher UK Group.
- Ability to identify risk based and pragmatic solutions.
- Not afraid to tackle conflict or confront others when problems occur.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.