About the role
Indirect Tax Manager - Projects
£50,000 - £60,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareShave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Indirect Tax Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
To take a leading role in Kingfisher’s Indirect Tax obligations for the UK and Ireland businesses including effective business support and project advisory work. To support the UK & Ireland Senior Tax Manager with the effective management and minimisation of local indirect tax risks.
- Support the UK and Ireland banners with the Indirect tax implications of business decisions and act as a trusted business partner for the local accounting and finance teams
- To take a key role in critical business projects and managing the tax impacts and risks
- To identify and deliver improvements to VAT and indirect tax processes and systems
- Work with the Group Technology team to support integrity of underlying financial systems for VAT reporting
- Identify and address potential areas of indirect tax risk and opportunities
- Management of any local indirect tax enquiries or audits
- Anticipate and assess industry developments and legislation changes in Indirect tax and advise the business accordingly
Required Skills & Experience
- Broad and comprehensive level of expertise in all areas of Indirect tax
- Retail experience beneficial including Bespoke Retail Scheme Agreement knowledge
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the impacts on taxation matters
- Strong IT skills with experience of SAP and MS Excel
- Able to deal with complex reporting lines and operating models
- Customer focused in all deliverables
- Technically up to date and aware of industry and legislative changes
- Drives change, works with others to improve control environment and compliance
- Assesses tax risk and balances with commercial aspirations
- Experience of managing relationships with external tax authorities
- Strong project and task management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Good influencing and communication skills
- Accounting and/or Tax qualification
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.