About the role
Up to £25,000
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Videographer and you’ll be a big part of this.
You will lead and create a range of effective video and audio internal communications to support B&Q’s business strategy and retail activity. You'll enjoy the challenge of getting stuck into a brief, coming up with creative concepts to bring ideas to life, and playing a key role in a fast-paced team. You’ll deliver compelling video and audio content, of both high volume and quality, to engage and inform our internal audience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to prioritise workloadwith a good level of organisational skills.
- Understands the needs of internal and external customers, responds promptly and ensures the customer is at the forefront of their thinking.
- Track record of producing audio visual materials to brief, and demonstrable knowledge of what makes a good visual story.
- Experience of ‘on location’shoots
- The ability to understand and accept the requirement for sensitivity/confidentiality when handling information.
- The ability to prioritise competing demands on your time while under pressure.
- Builds effective relationships with peers outside own team, understands the impact of their own behaviour on others and modifies accordingly, not afraid to tackle conflict or confront others when problems occur.
- Confident in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, including board directors.
- Expert in video editing software, Adobe Creative Suite preferable
- Strong knowledge of PremierePro, After Effects, Photoshop and Audition specifically
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Yammer, SharePointetc
- Familiarity with using a Macis desirable.
- Expert knowledge of managing online video e.g. Stream, Vimeo, YouTube
- An excellent understanding of how to use video cameras, stills cameras, GoProsand sound equipment. Drone experience preferable (licence not required)
- Working knowledge of best practices in video production e.g. structure and framing
- Experience of creating basic motion graphics using After Effects.
- Graphic design experience e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator
- Some knowledge of AV set up for events.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential as this role will involve travel to our stores on a regular basis.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.