About the role
Marketplace Onboarding and Incubation Manager
£80,000 - £90,000 + Car + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office/Hybrid Working
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Head of Onboarding and Incubation and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
As part of our ecommerce growth strategy, we’ve recently become the first UK home improvement retailer to launch an online marketplace. This means we're now integrating product ranges from verified third-party sellers into diy.com and the B&Q app – expanding our existing category ranges and adding new ones. Ultimately offering our customers an expanded product range, so more choice and greater convenience.
Reporting to our Director of Marketplace, you’ll design, plan, manage and execute all the necessary initiatives and activities to drive operations related to the onboarding & incubation of new merchants. Focus on delivering a lean and positive experience to our merchants. Share operational best practices across the Group.
Merchant onboarding & Incubation strategy for B&Q
- Establish framework and build strategic roadmap specifying development requirements
Manage Onboarding & Incubation operations
- Responsible for the onboarding of new merchants onto the platform (includes account creation, shop configuration, catalogue migration etc.)
- Responsible for the incubation of new merchants (includes training, growth support and monitoring during the first months)
- Oversee the KYC operations in coordination with our 3rd party payment provider
- Design the merchant onboarding journey, with clear roles & responsibilities
- Build solutions to improve the onboarding & incubation performance and efficiency, including by partnering with 3rd parties
- Oversee day-to-day operations related to onboarding & incubation
- Continuously look to improve process and operational efficiency
Develop programs to educate the merchants on how to operate on our platform
- Responsible for research, design, planning, organising, and overseeing the merchant educational approaches and strategies
- Monitor all education resources and training effectiveness to evaluate merchants’ feedback
- Introduce a new indicator to measure the merchants’ maturity and mastery of the platform mechanisms
- Work with relevant teams to build a library of assets for merchants (including training packs, videos, etc.)
Build solutions to support the new merchants’ growth
- Working with merchandisers, build traffic mechanisms to increase the exposure of new potential merchants and products, while maintaining the platform traffic efficiency and conversion rate
Required skills & experience
- Demonstrable experience in e-commerce marketplace environment or in digital platform (ride-hailing, food delivery, accommodation booking, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce sales drivers
- Previous experience in building up partner onboarding operations for a digital platform is a plus
- Previous experience as Commercial leader in well-known and established B2B/B2C Marketplace
- Excellent problem-solving skills with clear logical thinking. You’ll enjoy taking the lead in situations of operational ambiguity and are creative enough to come up with scalable solutions to day-to-day operational challenges
- Advanced project management skills – You can plan, build consensus, communicate, and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to digest exceptionally large amounts of data along with providing insights and executing based on them
- Self-motivated and a proactive can-do attitude
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work with multiple external and internal stakeholders like account managers, merchandisers, content operations and traffic management teams to achieve the business objectives
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, car, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.