About the role
£25,000 - £30,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Online Merchandiser and you’ll be a big part of this.
To deliver continued sales growth, build AOV and to improve conversion through B&Q and Trade-point ecommerce platforms for a specific category.
- Own specific product categories to drive sales on DIY.com & Trade-point.co.uk, delivering against sales targets, reporting at weekly team meetings
- Identify opportunities for increasing revenue using web analytics tools to improve key performance metrics such as conversion, bounce rate, AOV and page views
- Implement our SEO strategy to drive quality, relevant traffic, ensuring “Best in class” customer & search engine experience
- Support the various customers shopping missions, including how devices influence the customer and championing the online customer experience with a view to improving conversion & customer satisfaction
- Work closely with the digital marketing and marketing teams to ensure that category traffic is optimised for all E-Commerce channels including email, paid search and affiliates
- Influence the Trading Teams to drive a strong promotional plan and online range extensions
- Take ownership of on-site category merchandising, driving cross/up-sell to increase AOV, with responsibility to analyse impact and optimise
- Review performance of merchandising and making iterative improvements to maximise sales
- Liaise across the E-Commerce and trading team to ensure that any relevant marketing activity (publications and promotions) are supported on the website
- Successfully manage the automated product recommendation tool and on-site search tool to increase average order values
- Manage the removal and additions of products for owned categories
Required Skills & Experience
- Great attention to detail and a high standard of numeracy (including strong Excel skills).
- Understanding of search engine optimisation and conversion rate optimisation
- Commercial understanding with the ability to select products, price points and promotions that will drive sales
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large number of tasks and work calmly under pressure
- Flexible, enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to work to targets in a deadline driven environment
- Proven ability to brief and shape online creative for onsite promotions
- Previous experience operating in an online retail environment.
- Ambition and drive to learn / develop new skills
- Able to motivate others and create effective networks of people who can give you what you need.
- People management skills would be preferable.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.