About the role
Up to £60,000
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Commercial Solicitor and you’ll be a big part of this.
You’ll help us to identify and appropriately and proactively managing legal risk. You will do this by providing proactive and reactive legal advice and general legal support in corporate and commercial matters including by management and delivery of: commercial contract negotiation and drafting; data protection advice, commercial and dispute resolution advice; advice in relation to IP protection and disputes; and seeking external counsel’s advice where necessary. You will also develop, deliver and manage tailored continuous improvement solutions and support senior leadership in reviewing and advising on strategic initiatives to ensure legal compliance.
Required Skills & Experience
- We are looking for a qualified Solicitor with extensive post-qualification experience from major law firms / brands.
- Ideally experience in a retail or similar environment.
- Experience in commercial contracts (particularly procurement both of services and goods)
- Experience in advising on and drafting in relation to GDPR.
- Confidence in dealing with the broad range of issues on which in-house lawyers advise, without external firms.
- Excellent drafting skills and experience, and a willingness to apply those to new situations and areas of law.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, ability to identify solutions and give correct, clear and pragmatic advice.
- Strong user of Outlook, Word and case management systems and willingness to work with Excel as and when required.
- Capable of working under pressure, in an exceptionally fast paced and changing environment.
- Collaborative, relationship-builder, and pro-active in style.
- Willingness to develop experience in continuous improvement / efficiency approaches in delivery of in-house legal support.
- Ability to balance of the needs of internal and external customers and ensure the customer is at the forefront of thinking.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.