About the role
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Southampton, Store Support Office
Up to £28,000 per annum + bonus + pension + 6.6 weeks annual leave
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Store Planner and you’ll be a big part of this. At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
Responsible for the production and distribution of merchandise store plans, in line with the Property Programme, against agreed milestones. Ensures plans reflect the latest format blueprints including fixtures, category merchandising principles and space planning matrix. Effective communication with key stakeholders on all issues relating to the delivery of merchandise store plan
- Make informed decisions using blueprint and merchandising principles to enable the production of store layouts and associated drawings
- Manage the impact of change to both fixture & merchandising layouts, adhering to change control process
- Deliver high CAD standards to the agreed ways of working and pro-actively QA the team's output
- Understand the Smart Space interface and adhere to standards as advised by database owner
- Contribute to and support maintenance of process documentation i.e. 'How To's'
- Produce merchandise plans and, where agreed, supporting visualisations
- Provide CAD support to other teams on feasibility plans, ad-hoc and tactical requests
- Ensure that dimensional representations are drawn accurately, are operationally sound and conform to H&S requirements
- Own the sign off process for feedback and approval, including supporting materials
- Visit stores pre and post implementation, attend site and project meetings, as required
- Maintain detailed audit trail of all plan changes post sign-off
- Provide progress updates on allocated workload to the Lead Store Planner including updating achieved milestones
- Create and maintain mapping document within agreed timescales by selecting appropriate modules for planned footages, whilst being aware of range change activity. Manage mapping update log for the duration of the project
- Provide and maintain shopfit plans, technical packs and PDLs to support onsite implementation
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience using an AutoCAD based system
- Strong communication skills
- Can understand and analyse data, concepts and complex issues quickly and is a creative decision maker
- Attention to detail – good eye for detail, ensuring that errors are corrected and quality is maintained.
- Ability to work in a methodical manner, with a structured and disciplined working style
- Plans and prioritises own time/workload to achieve targets
- Anticipates when deadlines are unlikely to be met and communicate with stakeholders
Flexibility to travel and driving license essential
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.