About the role
Ethical Sourcing Manager
Salary + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Ethical Sourcing Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. For this role we are looking for someone to be able to work from our head office 2-3 days a week.
To co-ordinate the implementation of B&Q and Group Ethical Sourcing policies across our Vendor branded and local vendor base; ensuring our expected standards are met and where necessary developing and monitoring corrective action plans identified at audit. Working with Group to review policy requirements and making updates if applicable. Able to complete regular horizon scanning to identify risks and potential improvements in supply chains to drive standard advancements.
- Drive the Ethical Sourcing agenda across the business, ensuring that key policy points are delivered.
- Work with vendors where necessary to deliver any identified corrective actions
- Contribute to the development of new policy for B&Q, ensuring high standards can be maintained and enhanced
- Manage and maintain SEDEX database, reporting on supply chain status and risk to wider business
- Acting as a point of expertise and guidance in the business
- Work with sustainability experts from other retailers, NGOs (non-government organisations) and 3rd party consultancies to identify best practices that B&Q can implement.
- Work with Marketing and Internal Comms teams to support delivery of communications plans to colleagues and customers
- Key business relationships include: Commercial Buying and Category teams, Quality team, wider Sustainability team, Marketing, Communications and Kingfisher Ethical Sourcing team
Required skills & experience
- Significant direct experience within ethical sourcing
- Experience of Responsible Business/Sustainability management, ideally in a large retail business.
- Commercial experience/knowledge beneficial.
- Data gathering, analysis and communication experience.
- A passion for sustainability.
- Willingness and ability to travel in the UK and internationally.
- Relevant degree level qualification / experience
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.