About the role
12 Months FTC
Up to £31,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Change Planner and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. For this role we expect you’ll be working from our Store Support Office 3 days a week. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
You'll be responsible for delivering the successful range review planning of range change across the B&Q Estate.
You'll ensure any range change activity planned is set up to be delivered right first time,and has all the tools and communication requirements in place for a successful implementation.
- Manage the cost creation, tracking and reporting of all costs associated with a project, ensuring any risks or changes are highlighted to the Category Manager in a timely manner, for reviews managed by Category
- Support in the cost creation, processing and tracking of all costs owned within the your remit, ensuring any risks or changes are highlighted to the Project Manager in a timely manner, for reviews managed by Project Managers;
- Support the Category, Visual Merchandising and Planogram teams with robust and detailed knowledge of the existing store estate, enabling them to make informed decisions about project scopes, minimising the requirement for inefficient changes post scope creation
- Question and draw on experience to gain a full understanding of the brief, ensuring a robust knowledge of the review requirements.
- Prepare & quality control store surveys to ensure the ‘as is’ status of the store estate understood & captured.
- Identify the gaps between ‘as is’ estate equipment, service infrastructure and the needs of the planogram to provide at store level a full set of equipment, service change and shopfitting/merchandising requirements
- Interpret the needs of the individuals completing the change in stores, create and maintain a tailored execution plan containing all required technical information and external services schedules to enable right first-time implementation
- Create and manage a communication & project progression plan for external and internal stakeholders throughout the project, for Project Manager led Projects
- Provide expert advice and issue resolution through the range change support log, acting as a key point of contact to handle implementation teams’ queries during their change project
- Provide best practice learnings to support implementation teams (B&Q, Agencies, External contractors)
- Working in collaboration with Retail to ensure the project is finalised, remedial activity is completed and sign off documentation is received
Required skills & experience
- Highly numerate with strong data management & analysis skills
- Has a methodical approach to detail planning with strong self-checking
- Knowledge of the visual merchandising, planogramming and store planning process
- Ability to model costs at high level (for outline costing) and at individual store level (for budgeting)
- Detailed knowledge & appreciation of the complexity across product categories, equipment, and the B&Q estate
- Prior experience within a retailer or of delivering retail change projects from within another function within a retailer
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.