About the role
Quality & Sustainability Administrator
Up to £20,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Quality & Sustainability Administrator and you’ll be a big part of this.
The role purpose is to support the Responsible Sourcing Manager, Chain of Custody Manager and Regulatory & Compliance Manager in the delivery of category plans and legal rand compliance reporting responsibilities. Ensure all Quality & Responsible Sourcing activities carried out are done so accurately and timely, and within company policies and procedures.
Key accountabilities are to:
- Support in Responsible Business Manager/ Regulatory & Compliance Manager and Timber & Paper Chain of Custody Manager by developing good internal & external relationships; being back up point of contact for vendors, external agencies and B&Q Commercial teams for general and ad hoc queries relating to B&Q processes and policies.
- Identify improvement opportunities in ways of working.
- Show interest and keep up to date on UK Regulation as is applies in retail and responsible business practice.
- Support the team in ensuring Timber & Paper Compliance to both EUTR/UKTR and FSC/PEFC accreditation is in line with our policies and processes; helping to manage risks and issues.
- Manage tracker updates and provide regular updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of B&Qs Responsible Business Strategy through planning of regular project meetings; helping co-create a calendar of critical milestones and support delivery in-line with RACI; enabling cross-functional collaboration.
- Be part of the team, contributing to the positive engagement of the whole team; living the values every day.
- Support the team with general administration, e.g. scheduling meetings, chasing vendors, arranging travel, providing meeting minutes.
Required Skills & Experience
Desirable Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone who is organised and methodical with effective communication skills, verbal and written, with excellent attention to detail. It’s important to be able to be calm under pressure, to be curious and seek feedback with the ability to problem solve and take accountability.
- Prior experience on UK/EU Regulation Prior experience in a retail environment advantageous
- Understanding of Responsible Business principles including Responsible Sourcing of Wood & Paper and Chain of custody; Ethical Labour; responsible sources of raw materials & products and responsible use of commodities such as energy and water.
- Experience in a retail environment advantageous
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Project management/support experience
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.