About the role
Responsible Sourcing Manager
Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Responsible Sourcing Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
This is a full time contract, Monday - Friday. At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. For this role we are looking for someone to be able to work from our head office 2-3 days a week, with flexibility to scale up when required.
The role purpose is to manage all Timber regulatory and policy compliance responsibilities for B&Q, including stores in both the UK and ROI. These include the Kingfisher Wood & paper Policy, UKTR, EUTR and Timber Chain of Custody.
Key accountabilities of this role are to:
- Gain a thorough working understanding of the various regulation and policy requirements for B&Q along with associated reporting and audit requirements
- Create an action plan, along with O&S & Kingfisher colleagues, for all 4 areas of compliance and ensure that this is then communicated to all action owners.
- Create a plan of routine surveillance to monitor compliance to the action plans for all 4 areas of compliance.
- Ensure we remain compliant with the requirement of the FSC and PEFC accreditation schemes for Timber Chain of Custody & responsible sourcing.
- Line manages shared administrative resource and ensure the workload is divided appropriately and efficiently.
- Stakeholder management of Internal/External audits of B&Q Wood & Paper Chain of Custody Systems.
- Take ownership for completion of any output from internal/external audits to required timelines.
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place to flag all products containing Wood & Paper as part of the product create process in B&Q!
- Work with wider business stakeholders to ensure that all systemic recording / publishing requirements for the 4 areas of compliance, are operating correctly
- Train B&Q Commercial colleagues to understand significance of responsibly sourcing products.
- Support Commercial teams buying products responsibly, meeting all B&Q policy requirements and strategic targets.
- Develop strategic relationships with colleagues in other Kingfisher Banners and share best practice.
- Prepare and present quarterly reports to the B&Q Leadership team.
Required skills & experience
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification, preferably in a science-based subject.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Regulatory or Compliance role.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Data gathering, analysis and communication experience.
- Experience of Wood & Paper compliance management, ideally in a large retail business.
- Good understanding of UKTR, EUTR and FLEGT Licencing.
- Understand/experience of the FSC/PEFC accreditation schemes.
- Experience in Commercial supply chains for wood & paper products.
- Experience of internal/external COC auditing process.
- Thorough, process orientated, systematic and logical in thought and communication.
- Confident in presenting challenges; project updates and potential resolutions in a Senior Leadership environment.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.