About the role
Key Account Manager - Marketplace
Permanent Full Time
£65,000-£75,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Home Based + 1-2 days a month in Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Key Account Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
In March 2022, and as part of our ecommerce strategy, we became the first UK home improvement retailer to launch an online marketplace. This means we're now integrating product ranges from verified third-party sellers into diy.com and the B&Q app – expanding our existing category ranges and adding new ones. Ultimately, giving our customers more choice and greater convenience to help them improve their homes to make life better.
Reporting to the Head of Merchant Operations, you will identify sales opportunities and cultivate brand and seller relationships. You will work across B&Q’s various departments, ensuring sellers can run their businesses smoothly and effectively on our platform. You will also be responsible for overseeing our product assortment and availability, gleaning insights, and driving opportunities that maximize sales potential. You will be supporting in the escalation of operational or logistics issues that impact customers, as well as tracking seller/category performance with regard to product quality. You should possess a passion for e-commerce, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment.
- Engaging and building relationships with top sellers to plan assortment, pricing, traffic and promotional activities on B&Q to achieve sales goals
- Developing understanding of sub-category dynamics in the market, spotting trends and develop category strategy to grow the segment on B&Q
- Coordinate with other internal teams to ensure adequate support in areas like supply chain, customer service and marketing; ensure changes in our business create win-win scenarios for B&Q and our sellers
- Analysing and preparing weekly performance figures to management, active participation in weekly and monthly business reviews
Required skills & experience
- Professional experience negotiating with sellers/suppliers and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Experience growing online sales, marketing, activating categories and driving traffic via merchandising/content
- Innovative problem-solving skills; dissecting root causes of problems and implementing solutions
- Strong business judgment backed by analytical mindset and comfort generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, car, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.