About the role
Senior Online Merchandiser
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £ 45,000.00 per annum + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Senior Online Merchandiser and you’ll be a big part of this.
As a Senior Merchandising Manager, you will lead the online merchandising teams in optimising the customer experience and delivering sales targets through a relentless focus on ‘Get to Product’ and ‘Add to Basket’ and AOV.
In this role you will:
- Manage, direct and develop the digital merchandising team; including monitoring and recognition of performance, developing talent and expertise to support growth and succession planning.
- Maximise online sales and profit through aligned merchandising and trading plans, leading on merchandising execution across trading activity and range changes
- Influence the shape and direction of onsite merchandising and optimisation, tactically for the short term, and strategically for the medium and long term
- Lead implementation of category trading, ranging and merchandising strategy through the team
- Define and ensure best practice is used throughout the department, liaising with your colleagues and Group digital to filter across OpCos.
- Responsible for ensuring B&Q and TP product offer is fully merchandised to support customers onsite findability, including search optimisation, updates to navigation and continuous optimisation of the customer journey
- Manage the hierarchy and content requirements in line with customer journey principles
- Manage the quality and consistency of onsite experience and optimisation across the full onsite offer
- Successfully own and manage onsite merchandising and optimisation tools, sharing best practice with the web merchandising team
- Ensure a relentless focus on the customer; proactively displaying omni channel thinking and behaviours to drive a continuously improved customer centric experience.
- Establish key measurements and best practices for online merchandising to ensure conversion funnel is optimised
- Identify opportunities and drive new initiatives for increasing revenue using web analytics tools to improve key performance metrics such as conversion, bounce rate, AOV and page views
- Actively participate in market category planning and post implementation reviews using digital expertise and knowledge of competitor markets and insights analysis to identify key learning’s, drive decisions and influence future category trading opportunities.
Required skills & experience
- Knowledge of ATG and CMS is essential
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- Clear understanding and proven experience in driving online key metrics
- Data-led and analytical with the ability to see trends within numbers and turn into actionable insight.
- Has the ability to switch from strategic to operational.
- Presentations skills – the ability to tell a story and can ‘translate’ to people of all levels and background.
- Proven influencing skills, able to develop relationships with key stakeholders that inspire and influence teams across the business.
- A confident and experienced people manager who is willing to go the extra mile to create a positive and productive team environment.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com for any recruitment adjustments.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.