About the role
Accountant (Operational Finance)
Up to £45,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Accountant and you’ll be a big part of this.
To oversee the financial processes and controls supporting the Operational Finance team, including accounts payable and other supplier and banking related activity. To implement and embed change projects and process improvement, both onshore and offshore with our GBS colleagues, ensuring our agreed SLA and KPI’s are maintained or improved.
- Liaise with the GBS team in Poland, to ensure any issues and actions are quickly resolved ensuring minimal business disruption
- Manage any escalations efficiently and effectively, from both suppliers and within the business to ensure payment processes are not disrupted
- Analyse key data and drive process improvements in relation to B&Q payment practices for GNFR
- Embed change effectively across relevant B&Q financial processes, engaging the GBS teams when necessary and with adequate testing and monitoring
- Support group wide finance project initiatives, providing updates through to senior teams and engaging the wider business as necessary
- Submission of key cashflow forecasts into Financial Control ensuring accurate and well informed, liaising with the business as necessary
- Oversight of the property treasury outsource, ensuring the payments environment is controlled through appropriate reconciliations and regular engagement both externally and internally
- Develop good relationships with key stakeholders across the business
Required skills & experience
To be succesful in this role you will be a Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or QBE)
- Experience of Accounts Payable, and ideally working with offshore shared service centre teams
- Track record of implementing process improvement and change
- Proven track record of building successful stakeholder relationships
- Experience of core accounting activities such as accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.