About the role
Corporate Tax Manager
£55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Corporate Tax Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
You’ll take a leading role in Kingfisher’s Direct Tax compliance obligations for the UK and Ireland businesses including effective business support and project advisory work. You’ll also support the UK & Ireland Senior Tax Manager with the effective management and minimisation of local corporation tax risks.
- Oversee Kingfisher’s Direct tax compliance reporting operations and activity for the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands including ensuring the accurate and timely submission of corporation tax returns
- Management and supervision of tax juniors including provision of development support
- Support the UK and Ireland banners with the direct tax implications of business decisions and act as a trusted business partner for the local accounting and finance teams
- To identify and deliver improvements to direct tax processes and systems
- Managing responses to HMRC enquiries on direct taxes
- Anticipate and assess industry developments and legislation changes and advise the business accordingly
Required skills & experience
- Broad and comprehensive level of expertise in all areas of Direct tax
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the impacts on taxation matters
- Strong IT skills with experience of SAP and MS Excel
- Able to deal with complex reporting lines and operating models
- Customer focused in all deliverables
- Technically up to date and aware of industry and legislative changes
- Drives change, works with others to improve control environment and compliance
- Assesses tax risk and balances with commercial aspirations
- Experience of managing relationships with external tax authorities
- Strong project and task management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Good influencing and communication skills
- Accounting and/or Tax qualification
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.