About the role
Up to £55,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working (2 days per week)
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Finance Analyst and you’ll be a big part of this.
This new role will partner the Digital, Marketplace, and Customer team and will play a critical part in supporting the delivery of B&Q’s strategic priorities. These include rapidly growing our e-commerce business through our existing offer and expanding our new online marketplace, which B&Q was the first UK home improvement retailer to launch in 2022, as well as helping shape and define our customer and loyalty proposition. This is a high-profile role in a fast-changing environment - requiring excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Partner key stakeholders in the Digital, Marketplace, and Customer teams to share knowledge and insight with the purpose of improving performance across all channels.
- Lead the creation and delivery of meaningful financial analysis and insight into B&Q’s new marketplace business, to help understand performance and support strategic decision-making.
- Support on strategic projects and business cases as the finance expert to help shape new initiatives that drive profitable business growth.
- Responsible for reporting & analysis of Digital, Marketplace, and Customer performance on a monthly & adhoc basis, focusing on the key events & drivers.
- Manage the budgeting and planning process by working with business stakeholders to ensure plans are understood and reflected in forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with the wider commercial finance, and logistics finance team to share knowledge - understanding relationship between the business areas to help drive profitable channel growth.
Required skills & experience
You will be Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent) with demonstratable skills and experience within a similar role including but not limited to:
- Strong analytical ability, ability to turn data into reporting & insight and identify performance drivers.
- Able to operate under own judgement and autonomy, making recommendations and managing expectations where appropriate.
- Able to distil complex messages into key stories for non-finance stakeholders.
- Ability to influence non-finance stakeholders when there are conflicts between the business and finance agendas, being aware of and adapting behaviour based on both political and factual factors.
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.