About the role
Finance Manager - Stock, GFR & Imports
12 month FTC
£55,000 - £65,000 + Pension + BUPA + Bonus + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working (2-3 days per week in the office)
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Finance Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
This role is responsible for the integrity and accounting of the stock and imports flows within B&Q as well as ensuring control of GFR working with the teams in GBS. Improvement and simplification of processes wherever possible is a key element of this role as well as communication with the business to ensure business activities can be supported whenever required.
- Ensure the integrity of Gross inventories balance sheet each month c. £650m.
- Understand and ensure the integrity of stock and import provisions including the slow moving provision.
- Take the lead on any stock system issues and advise KITS on necessary fixes
- Manage 2 direct reports and oversee and manage the relationship with GBS stock team.
- Manage stock through period end reporting including quarter and year ends.
- Be main point of contact with Deloitte for all stock and import queries
- Advise GBS on GFR queries
- Take the lead in projects that affect stock and GFR.
- Work with the business to resolve any stock related issues
- Other adhoc tasks
Required skills & experience
- Qualified accountant – CIMA / ACA / ACCA
- Broad systems experience preferable including SAP packages and Microsoft office
- Highly numerate
- Good Excel skills to enable the support of analysis of high volumes of data
- Organised and methodical
- Good analytical/problem solving skills within context of financial/procedural controls.
- Effective communication / inter-personal skills – verbal and written
- A strong team player with drive and self-motivation
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com for any recruitment adjustments.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.