About the role
Employer Brand Specialist
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£23,000 - £28,000 per annum
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Employer Brand Specialist and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
As an Employer Brand Specialist, you will communicate our employer brand through internal and external channels to promote B&Q as an employer of choice. You will authentically represent the culture of B&Q to enable us to attract the best candidates possible through long term and tactical attraction campaigns. In addition, you will educate the resourcing team and line managers on how to use social media to build our brand.
- Communicate our Employer Brand internally and externally through a variety of channels
- Continually improve our Employer Brand channels and careers site to promote B&Q as an employer of choice
- Advocate of candidate experience, educating the business on how this impacts our Employer Brand
- Understand our long and short-term resource requirements in partnership with recruitment
- Implement our social media strategy to grow our reach and promote B&Q
- Responsible for social content calendar, gathering and creating engaging content that reinforces our EVP (Videos, Images, blogs and other content)
- Review and monitor data to determine the best Employer Brand and attraction channels
- Keep up to date on Employer Brand and social media trends for continuous improvement
- Collaborative and close working relationships with Recruitment, PR, Wellness & Inclusion, Internal Comms and Marketing teams to ensure alignment and involvement with our plans.
Required skills & experience
You will have experience of utilising a variety of social media channels to grow reach and engagement for an organisation. You will be tenacious, driven and resilient to make things happen. You will have creative writing skills, with the ability to create compelling articles, job adverts and media content. You will be accurate, with an eye for detail and the ability to work with data and excel (interpreting the data and making recommendations).
In addition, you will be innovative and engaging - empathetic and persuasive in your communication style. You will be able to connect and form relationships effectively across the business and remotely. Knowledge of Employer Brand best practice is desirable.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.