About the role
12 months FTC
Up to £28,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working (2 days per week in the office)
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an ER Advisor and you’ll be a big part of this.
- Respond to all employment relations queries in line with our policies, and within our agreed SLAs after asking all relevant questions to fully understand the situation and query
- Inspire confidence and encourage the decision maker to make informed decisions by providing expert advice, support and coaching
- Draft relevant letters ensuring they’re well written, grammatically and factually correct, include everything that is necessary, and written in a way that minimises risk
- Ensure stakeholders understand the policies, process, options / advice given and tools available
- Provide effective day to day administration in relation to these queries; for example, accurately logging calls, updating grievance spreadsheet
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Proactively contribute to the team, working collaboratively, sharing knowledge, giving feedback and ensuring an effective working relationship
- Use MI and anecdotal information to identify trends and recommend appropriate action to improve performance and drive continuous improvements of our service
- Drive any relevant ‘focus’ area by updating/training colleagues within that area and making continuous improvements by e.g. simplifying any process and/or driving efficiencies
- Attend internal and external training courses as required
- Keep up to date with relevant internal and external information and provide options and recommendations where relevant
- Effectively contribute to, and influence where necessary, ad-hoc projects as required within and outside the team
- Provide face to face advice and note-taking support to managers in SSO and, occasionally, retail
- Maintain and develop supporting tools and materials, for example, policies and How to Guides
- Case manage complex cases, considering all components and formulate a strategy for a satisfactory resolution
Required skills & experience
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Strong listening and communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong influencing, coaching skills and questioning techniques
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to contribute and work as part of a team
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruitment adjustments.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.