About the role
12 Months FTC
Up to £30,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Payroll Coordinator and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
As a Payroll Coordinator, you will be responsible for the processing of allocated payroll(s), ensuring procedures are developed and adhered to and that all payments and deductions are processed correctly within a compliant and controlled environment.
Responsibilities include -
- Ensure targets / objectives for self and team are met.
- Payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner, including all payments and deductions.
- Monthly control reconciliations are completed, ensuring all errors are investigated and satisfactorily resolved.
- Clear processes and controls are in place and are adhered to.
- Understanding the needs of our internal and external customers and responding promptly to their requirements. This will involve building effective relationships, understanding the impact of your own behaviour on others and modifying it accordingly.
- Strong communication skills with regard to pay queries; communicates simply, clearly and confidently.
- Supporting the business in all relevant project initiatives by providing subject matter expertise.
- Aware of own personal strengths and development needs, seeks and acts on feedback from others, keeps up to date with relevant Payroll legislation / issues.
Required skills & experience
- Payroll experience, preferably in a high-volume processing environment.
- Knowledge of Employment and HMRC legislation, including RTI
- Understanding of compliance to Data Protection Act.
- Ability to be effective under pressure, to understand priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and builds effective relationships.
- Controls focussed and strong organisational skills.
- Demonstrates good financial knowledge.
- Competent in Word and Excel.
- SAP HR knowledge is desirable, but not essential
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.