About the role
Head of Product – Customer Commerce
Contract type: Permanent
£100,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Location: Hybrid working / Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Head of Product – Customer Commerce and you’ll be a big part of this.
This is role is responsible for creating and leading the design and development of customer facing digital products, a key enabler to B&Q business growth. The role reports into the B&Q Director of Product & Technology and will work closely with leaders across B&Q and Kingfisher. This role is responsible for front end Web and Native App development and prioritising the development across key enabling technology including Search, Recommendations, Customer Data, Marketing, Marketplace and Loyalty
B&Q has invested heavily in the development of digital capabilities recently to support the growth of eCommerce on diy.com (as well as Tradepoint.co.uk our pro-customer proposition and diy.ie for customers in Ireland) including the launch of a Marketplace, as well as new customer propositions and the digitisation of processes in store. Development has been led by Kingfisher, but as part of our “Powered by Kingfisher” strategy we are transferring ownership to banners to bring decision making closer to the customer. This role will play a central role in managing that change, establishing Product capability and ways of working both within their own team and across the B&Q business.
The role will lead a team of Product Managers, Product Owners, Designers, Scrum Masters, engineers (who will be federated from Kingfisher, or provided by partner organisations) and Program Managers to support the most complex changes. They will work closely with key business stakeholders to identify initiatives to drive the business plans, support prioritisation, create a roadmap and manage dependencies across other products.
The Head of Product, Customer Commerce is one of 3 domain aligned Heads of Product within B&Q Product & Technology. The Head of Product for Colleague Experience covers Commercial, Store Operations, Finance and HR. The Head of Product for Supply Chain & Fulfilment covers all technology for the stores supply chain and last mile eCommerce fulfilment. There is also a Head of Portfolio & Transformation who leads B&Q wide decision making on portfolio, investment and supports major transformation programs across all domains (e.g. the eComm platform replacement program – ATG decomposition).
As Head of Product, Customer Commerce, your responsibilities will include;
- Product Strategy & Roadmap - Develop the product strategy and roadmap with input from stakeholders across the business to deliver excellent customer experiences that drive business growth as well as operational efficiencies. Input into the B&Q Strategic plans and Annual Reviews, providing advice to business proposition owners around value creation opportunities through digital
- Product Development - Create high quality digital products that align to the Kingfisher Technology North Star Architecture– supporting the strategy to modernise our technology
- Customer Design – Lead the Design and Product team to development effective and seamless end to end customer journey in support of the business’ ambition
- Customer Data – Ensure we have all the systems and processes in place to manage our Customer Data in and effective and compliant way
- Backlog Management – Ensure business demand is effective prioritised and Facilitate input into the backlogs for the B&Q and Group teams who manage Platforms which support banner Products in areas which are shared with other banners
- Team Leadership - Lead a multi-functional team across Product management disciplines and engineering to create digital Products that drive growth and provide an excellent customer experience
- Product Leadership - Help the business and technology adopt more Product ways of working moving away from waterfall delivery and ensuring better returns on investment as we adopt new capabilities. Engage with the Product teams in other banners to share best practices and leverage capability and resources across the Kingfisher Group
- Product Innovation – Continue to scan the market to seek product that can drive innovation in the B&Q Customer Experience ensuring the business can achieve it ambition at pace and in a cost effective way
Required skills & experience
To be successful in this role you will have experience in:
- Leading Product teams in a technology department consisting of Product Managers, Product Owners, Designers, Research and Program Management.
- Experience creating digital products
- Track record managing complex business programs
- Excellent stakeholder management skills (at most senior levels of the B&Q and Kingfisher organisation) – clarity of communications
- Comfortable driving change
- A strong background in product management including product strategy, roadmap planning and product development processes
- The ability to think strategically and align product goals with the overall business objectives – drawing on market trends and customer needs to make decisions
- Experience of building and leading high-performing product teams
- A demonstrable customer-centric mindset: understanding customer needs and leveraging data-driven insights to make informed product decisions
- Expert in data analysis, dealing with complex problems and be comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations
- High levels of adaptability, open to learning and embracing new methodologies, tools and industry best practices to stay ahead of the curve
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.