About the role
£25,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Online Merchandiser and you’ll be a big part of this.
What's the job?
As an Online Merchandiser, you’ll take responsibility for delivering best-in-class customer journeys on both B&Q and TradePoint’s eCommerce platforms. Using digital insights and merchandising expertise, you’ll work to optimise onsite experiences that help customers find what they’re looking for - fast.
- Use digital insights tools to monitor product category performance and identify opportunities to improve customer journeys on multiple websites across different devices.
- Use CMS and eCommerce tools to implement strategic changes and updates to our websites including optimising on site search results, navigation, promotions and trading assets.
- Provide regular reporting on key performance metrics including traffic, get-to-product and basket analysis and use these insights to shape your category’s digital merchandising plan.
- Build effective networks across the business to best support your product category, deliver our promotional plan and help customers achieve their shopping goals.
- Implement our SEO strategy including the creation of high quality, keyword optimised SEO copy.
Required Skills & Experience
What we need:
- A strong analytical background and enthusiasm for identifying actionable insights.
- A good understanding of search engine optimisation, helping customers get to product and conversion rate optimisation, ideally gained in an online retail environment.
- Experience working with digital analytics tools, web CMS and other eCommerce tools.
- A confident communicator with the ability to communicate merchandising activities to a wider audience, concisely brief work to other teams and optimise SEO copy. A good eye for detail is essential.
- An ability to manage and prioritise diverse tasks and time well, working calmly under pressure.
- Willingness to work as part of a team, supporting one another to achieve ambitious targets.
- Desire to learn new skills and adapt to an exciting, constantly changing world of online retail.
- Passion to understand the DIY sector, our wide product range and the diverse projects we help our customers complete.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.