About the role
Product Data Specialist
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £24,500 per annum + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Product Data Specialist and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
As a Product Data Specialist, you will be accountable for the acquisition and management of our product selling data & imagery for use in all selling channels but primarily our digital channels. You will be responsible for validating data to our content principles and developing our data model for specific product areas. Working with your content partner you will have a direct impact on product information displayed on B&Q websites which our customers make informed purchasing decisions.
- Ensure our content reflects our brand and delivers strong SEO benefits.
- Support and implement the digital range change plan to deadline utilising product briefs. Working to maintain first class quality standards in line with business principles.
- Utilise product briefs to enrich, optimise and create new products, whilst maintaining consistency across product categories.
- Responsible for relationship with external data agency to ensure they understand tasks assigned and deliver requirements to our standards for local ranges.
- Owner of product lifecycle maintenance including accuracy of operational/selling data, fulfilment routes, product removals, bundle products and trading flags to support trading plans.
- Work closely with the Master Data Team Lead to develop data requirements that support product content principles and guidelines. Ensure quality standards are met and delivered consistently for specific product areas while maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders involved.
Required skills & experience
You will be a highly organised planner, with excellent time management skills. You will be flexible in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate real attention to detail. A self-starter, comfortable working within demanding deadlines. You will have the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and build strong working relationships with stakeholders and functions.
Commitment to quality and delivering excellent customer experience. An up to date knowledge of SEO techniques and how to apply these to digital content is an advantage. Experience working within e-commerce environment focusing on a product content and/or CMS role is desirable. A working knowledge of tools like Riversand, Scene 7, Workfront and Photoshop are preferable but not essential as full training will be provided.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.