About the role
up to £40000
Southampton, Store Support Office / Hybrid
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. With the continued growth of our team, we are looking for a Data Protection Advisor to handle complex data protection requests and advise on a wide range of data protection matters along with ensuring data protection compliance within B&Q.
As a Data Protection Advisor within B&Q you will be working in an exciting, fast paced environment. The role involves a huge breadth and variety of duties including:
- Providing tailored responses to data requests and/or data complaints and resolving Data Subject concerns on increasingly complex matters.
- Responsible for advising the Business and independently making decisions on legal risk on a range of data breaches including undertaking reporting requirements to the relevant Data Regulator. Notifying key stakeholders where required and taking the appropriate steps.
- Responsible for responding to data requests (including SARs) from customers, employees and third parties (“Data Subjects”), dealing with them promptly and in compliance with GDPR.
- Work independently on day-to-day caseload, carrying out investigations with relevant business stakeholders and resolving any specific problems that arise.
- Liaising with Data Subjects and their representatives on complex data requests and complaints (including telephone calls where required).
- Proactively work with the Business to identify key trends and support the Senior Data Protection Manager in implementing required change and making this happen. Ensuring follow-up actions on regulatory and complaint matters are completed working with relevant stakeholders across all functions as appropriate.
- Responsible for regularly monitoring data numbers and running reports for B&Q and Kingfisher, supporting the Senior Data Protection Manager as required. Identifying any key trends within the reporting to make improvements to our policies and processes and general data protection compliance.
- Mentor and develop the Data Protection Assistants to build their skills and knowledge in Data Protection compliance.
- Identifying issues within our policies and processes and managing legal risk accordingly.
- Manage external legal spend on cases that are outsourced and challenge on costs where relevant with an understanding of legal budget, controls etc.
- Liaising with other members of the Legal Team, as required to ensure an aligned legal approach.
Required skills & experience
To deliver this role you will be required to have the following experience:
- Minimum of 3yrs relevant legal data protection experience/knowledge
- Dealing with contentious consumer matters including communicating with customers (both written and verbal)
- Dealing with high volume caseloads
- Organisation, accuracy, and eye for detail
- High quality drafting skills
- Commercial awareness and pragmatism
- Excellent word processing skills
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruitment adjustments.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.