About the role
Consumer PR Manager
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£40,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Consumer PR Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
To plan and manage B&Qs consumer PR campaigns and reputation management to promote and protect B&Qs offer and value (products/services) and our B&Q brand values, by influencing editorial content in earned media: news and consumer, traditional and digital; to drive footfall and traffic, brand loyalty & preference.
Manages Consumer Press Office:
- Leads PR agency to identify, relevant PR opportunities to promote brand reputation and enhance consumer brand preference and/or desire. E.g., via topical/cultural moments with Content that consumers easily connect with (relevant, real, believable). Requires understanding of the media landscape and the business in which we work.
- Manages B&Qs PressLoft assets – uploading of images and drafting and publishing regular media alerts to journalists to raise awareness of what’s new at B&Q as well as to drive consideration of priority categories
- Manages Consumer Press Office costs budget (£60k pa)
- Works with CorpSumer press office on issues as required.
- Acts as a press officer as required for Crisis comms
Manages PR response to integrated campaigns:
- Manages the PR agency to provide the PR creative response to integrated campaigns, working with our media and creative agencies
Manages PR campaign execution, including Content for wider channels:
- Manages the planning of resource required to deliver the agreed PR creative response to campaigns and the agreed PR campaign budget
- Manages the agency production and delivery of agreed PR activity across all earned media (Broadcast, print, digital), using tactics appropriate to the campaign objectives and aligning with the objectives of the campaign.
- Briefs and manages the PR agency to create and deliver campaign Content and ensures delivery of agreed output is on message, aligns with B&Q brand guidelines (tone, personality), delivered on time and against pre-agreed KPIs
- Works closely with other marketing channels, through the Content Planning and Content Production meetings, to ensure PR Content is integrated with other channels and is produced in time for other channels to use
Manages measurement of effectiveness of Consumer PR activity:
- Leads on campaign data/insight for all outputs generated by the Consumer PR assets (including results from using in other channels) to inform future campaign development. Manages B&Qs media monitoring agency
Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of Consumer & CorpSumer PR activity:
- Defines the influencer strategy, across POE, to deliver against campaign objectives; leads on delivery in earned, and works with other channels, including Advertising and Affiliates, as appropriate
- Defines messaging and supports the drafting of statements and Q&As for issues (product, store, service related), for use by broader channels (contact centre, store colleagues, internal briefings etc), ensuring alignment with key external and internal stakeholders
Required skills & experience
- Proven experience of press office – directly handling reactive media enquiries, both reputationally positive and negative
- Proven experience of managing a PR campaign within an integrated marketing campaign
- Proven experience of Content planning ie. use of PR-led content for use by broader channels eg. social media, email, website, etc
- Proven experience of crisis/issues management
- Competent at interpreting campaign briefs and brand guidelines (eg. tone of voice) to create PR campaigns
- Competent user of media monitoring analytical portals – we use Kantar (they could have used others) to measure effectiveness of PR activity and campaigns
- Proven experience of managing PR campaigns with a budget of up to £500k
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.