About the role
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £30,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Copywriter and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
- Work to a robust briefing process to drive consistency of copy across all customer-facing channels
- Work alongside the in-house studio and copywriter to ensure copy is a key consideration from concept stage
- Work alongside the social media team to plan tailored content for the various platforms that can be used to enhance the customer journey, inspire, and offer help and advice
- Manage the day to day schedule for all copy requirements, including briefs, relationships, and deadlines to support all customer-facing channels
- Manage any necessary internal resource and relationships such as category experts
- Work with appropriate teams to craft and maintain to a high standard a central suite of messaging / copy to support and set the tone for core business/trading campaigns
- Govern the brand tone of voice and consistency of customer-facing copy across departments, including implementing the new and revised tone of voice
- Creation of headline copy for press advertising and POS; working with agencies where applicable
- Support marketing channel owners by producing copy to support the business trading and campaign priorities
- Sub-edit and approve all customer-facing copy
Required skills & experience
- Experience delivering inspiring and helpful customer-facing content
- Experience prioritizing and scheduling workload, understanding key trading requirements, and working to strict deadlines
- A strong ability to create effective headline copy for press and POS
- The ability to proof read and sub-edit other's work, collating feedback and evaluating recommendations
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience creating impactful campaign lines
- A natural ability to communicate with a range of business stakeholders and to provide regular updates on project progress
- Experience working in a busy retail head office would be beneficial
- Experience working on the client side would be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail to ensure that all content is accurate, with the correct brand messaging / product information / prices etc.
- Proactive; always seeks to find relevant information and keeps unto date with market trends
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.