About the role
Product Content Specialist
2 x FTCs / Secondment - 6 Months & 11 Months
Up to £30,000 + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + Hybrid Working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Product Content Specialist and you’ll be a big part of this.
As a Product Content Specialist you will be responsible for the on-site execution of products in your category areas, coordinating launches and working with stakeholders to ensure these are on-time and in-full.
You will have a direct impact on our customers by surfacing product data and visual assets that will aid their purchasing decisions and by ensuring our systems deliver relevant and consistent content across product details pages.
- Define attribute requirements for the Product Details Page to provide unique, accurate and compelling product content.
- Design and copywrite rules to create impactful and informative product titles and specifications.
- Responsible for improving the product-page experience through best practice, competitor benchmarking, insights and delivering continuing improvements identified.
- Run an enrichment plan to improve product content, optimising features, images, videos, and related content sourced from our vendors.
- Manage quality and timeliness of all product launches within your category areas.
- Plan and review with stakeholders to prioritise workload and ensure product launch deadlines are met.
- Responsible for final sign off of individual product QA, ensuring products & assets meet brief requirements.
- Drive key projects to develop process efficiencies to enable improvements to the Product Details Page.
- Investigate and resolve resolution of product content discrepancies.
- Establish yourself as a content expert and be the first port of call of all technical and product content queries for your category areas.
Required skills & experience
- A highly organised forward planner with excellent time management skills.
- Able to prioritise workload and deliver in line with business priorities.
- Confident communicator with stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and functions.
- The ability to seek feedback and use it to improve performance.
- Confident user of Excel and large data sets for planning and analysis
- A working knowledge of tools like Riversand (PIM), asset management, Photoshop preferable (but not essential as full training will be provided)
- Product marketing or CMS experience and previous copywriting accountabilities an advantage
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com for any recruitment adjustments.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.