About the role
£35,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Estates Surveyor and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
To manage a portfolio of over 100 stores located in the North of England, Scotland and Ireland and ensure stores can trade to their full potential. To maximise the value of the portfolio and minimise their occupational property costs to make a positive impact on P&L, whilst offering a high standard of service to our internal and external customers.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Provide professional property advice to all relevant stakeholders
- Negotiate the best terms on lease renewals and re-gear transactions in accordance with the B&Q estates strategy
- Process planning and landlord consents where appropriate
- Identify opportunities to improve the current portfolio conditions
- Manage the non-core property estate and to secure lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals and to ensure compliance with lease terms
- To handle day to day estate management issues
- Manage the sub-let within their region and maximise non-operational income
- Implement rent reviews to ensure operational property costs are kept to a minimum
- Develop and prepare appraisals, business cases and presentations for B&Q and Kingfisher board approval
- Assist with the annual revaluation of the Freehold portfolio for year-end accounting
- Assist external partners in all rating matters
- Maintain and keep accurate data
Required skills & experience
Essential Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- Real Estate related qualification
- Previous experience in Property & Estate Management
- Experience of working in a retail environment ideally in a large high street or big box retailer
- Competent in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Able to demonstrate an understanding in property documentation including leases, licenses, development agreements and easements
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
Some travel required to stores across the estate.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.