About the role
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £25,000 + Pension + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Property Coordinator and you’ll be a big part of this. At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in when and where we work. Talk to us about what works best for you.
To support day to day activities across the Asset Management and Estate Management Property Teams. Be the first point of contact in the department for property queries from both internal and external source, typically store teams and managing agents on behalf of landlords.
- Manage all incoming queries into the team,
- Hand more complex issues to relevant surveyor,
- Manage the compliance process following completed property transaction such as new leases, disposals, rent reviews,
- Be the first point of contact for the Property Database. Input all transactional information, Manage and Resolve all queries and discrepancies, including checking source documents to verify amendments and notify stakeholders of the changes made.
- Download, manage and submit various month end reports and ensure these are approved by Director of Property within the timelines.
- Ensure surveyors adhere to monthly process deadlines required by the business.
- Raise relevant repair jobs with the FM surveyors and keep the landlord/managing updated and advise once completed.
- Arrange access to stores for landlords and managing agent visits;
- Maintain the department electronic filing system
- Review and update templates, forms and checklists for the team in line with any new compliance requirements.
- Other duties: Other tasks may be allocated, but these come secondary to the primary roles described above.
Required skills & experience
- Good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload and organisation of multiple concurrent tasks.
- Logical approach to problem solving to deliver workable solutions.
- Good attention to detail and production of accurate timely information.
- Team working to build effective relationships with peer groups outside own team.
- Ability to produce clear, comprehensive documentation that is fit for purpose and easy to use in a consistent manner and format and that is understood both internally and externally to B&Q.
- Experience of working with a database or other file keeping records would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where priorities constantly change and deadlines move would be advantageous
- Previous experience of Project Co-ordination and/or Project Assistant would be valuable
- Previous experience or an interest in a property environment or workplace would be opportune.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.