About the role
Order Management Manager
£65,000 - £80,000 + Car + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Distributed Order Management Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
A key priority of B&Q is to strengthen the e-Commerce business. To support this, we are making a significant investment in fulfilment technologies, including order, carrier and transport management systems, to improve the customer experience and operational efficiency.
The implementation of a new order management system will transform how B&Q fulfils customer orders and will enable a step change improvement in customer experience.
Reporting into the Logistics team and accountable to the DOM Steering Group, this role uses data analysis and a strong understanding of B&Q and its fulfilment systems to optimise the balance between customer experience, capacity and cost.
- Develop an understanding of fulfilment at B&Q, determine how the control processes impact customer experience, capacity, and cost.
- Engage with the fulfilment stakeholders across B&Q (Digital, Logistics, Commercial, Retail Operations, Finance) and build relationships and to prioritise business and information needs
- Oversee experiment design and measurement for testing new features and optimizing existing capabilities
- Interpret data, analyse results using multiple data sources and statistical techniques and provide actionable insight and recommendations
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Play an active role in the development of our new Data Platform, ensuring Digital Product requirements are met
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Communicate these back through simple data story telling
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with the Group DOM team to develop the functionality of the product
- Present to the Steering Group new rules for the DOM engine and build business cases to assess their impact
- Support other Home Delivery projects as required
Required skills & experience
- Proven working experience as a digital data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Experience in A/B test design, measurement and interpretation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information, from multiple sources, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work collaboratively cross functionally and communicate data in a compelling and meaningful way
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Analytical line management / mentoring experience
- Ability to build a business case and to ‘sell’ it to stakeholders
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is helpful
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.