About the role
Supply Chain Analyst
£28,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Supply Chain Analyst and you’ll be a big part of this.
You will manage the end to end supply of a specific product range, managing the stock plan either through automated system replenishment or push allocations. Your goal will be to maximise in-store/on-line availability to our customers whilst developing a cost-effective supply chain. You will manage the day-to-day replenishment as well as the stock related elements of range change and promotional event programmes.
- Ensure forecasting and replenishment is set up to maximise availability
- Delivering stock/inventory days targets alongside sales plan
- Maintain optimum stock levels across all channels
- Provide insight into Commercial Teams on key KPI's on forecasting and replenishment
- Capture data and validate information for vendor performance discussions with vendor base
- Manage forecast accuracy for all given products
- Minimise amount of overdue orders into Distribution Centre (DC) to maximise replenishment efficiency
- Analyse critical paths to ensure the product is in store or on-line as planned
- Work alongside Commercial Teams to ensure smooth flow of stock into store in line with capacities and timings
- Manage the DC and store inputs at point of range change and trading activity
- Regularly conduct store, competitor and vendor visits
- Attend Commercial meetings where possible to represent Stock Control
Required skills & experience
- Experience in a Supply Chain and/or Merchandising role. In an FMCG or retail environment would be desirable
- Analytical skills to identify patterns and trends for forecasting
- Strong attention to detail/accuracy and the ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience of forecasting and replenishment systems
- A good understanding of associated Key Performance Indicators s e.g. availability, stock and inventory days
- Can monitor purchases and intake of stock to the business to maximise availability and control stock levels
- Commercially focused with ability to optimise product range in store to drive sales.
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.